Friday, June 24, 2011

The Buffet


We still need to buy curtains and some accessories. We found this buffet at a restoration store in Mine Hill. I'm kind of obsessed. We haven't used the dining room much lately, but I still end up walking in the room every day and when I see it, I smile.








My apothecary jar is empty right now but It's beautiful just like that, anyway. The hint of red in front of it is aSlatkin & Co. candle - can I just say? - They are the best! Better than any other expensive candle brand out there! Bath & Body Works has periodic sales when they're 50% off! These candles last forever, smell INCREDIBLE, come in a simple glass jar with a simple pretty silver lid and don't leave behind an ashy black spots on your ceiling (they don't produce smoke)!




Fresh Lemon is one of the 5 amazing scents that I picked up at the most recent sale - to the left is a Slatkin & Co. candle sleeve. They are only $5 and they sort of "hide" the label (which I happen to like, actually - so I only bought one).









This is the candle placed in the sleeve. Sorry, I probably should have wiped the glass clean but I JUST had it lit, so the wax was still liquid. The silvery lid (not pictured) actually fits within the sleeve when covering the candle, so there's not a lid hanging around that you don't know what to do with. LOVE them. I now have enough Slatkin & Co. candles to place in each room.

No comments:

Post a Comment